FOR FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS
ABOUT FIRST TIME
HOME BUYER LOANS
Buying your first home is one the biggest financial decisions you will make in life. It is too important to trust just anyone to guide you through the process of what loans are right for your lifestyle and budget.
At Fairway, we employ Mortgage Planners who work tirelessly with first time home buyers to ensure that they are aware of the entire loan process, and answer all of your questions along the way.
Six Steps to Homeownership
- Initial Consultation with a Fairway Mortgage Professional
- Pre-Qualification Process
- Submitting your loan file to a loan processor
- Underwriter Review
- Pre-Closing Loan Commitment Letter
- Closing on Your New Home!
As one of the nation’s top mortgage companies, Fairway helps individuals and families reach the American Dream of homeownership every day!
- Owning a home is an exciting investment and comes with many benefits including:
- Achieving the American Dream
- Building the equity in your home
- Tax deductions such as mortgage interest, property taxes and even closing costs
- Peace of mind knowing you can predict your monthly mortgage payments versus being subject to annual rent increases you can’t necessarily always plan.
MORE ABOUT BECOMING A HOMEOWNER
To learn more about becoming a first time home owner and how Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation in Grand Junction can help you in buying your dream home, please see the frequently asked questions below.
A mortgage is a loan associated with real estate, where the property being purchased acts as the collateral for the loan. This means that the property is the security for the loan, so that if the borrower fails to make the payments, the lender can acquire and sell the property to regain the money lent. This use of the property as collateral is a big part of what keeps mortgage rates lower than that of a credit card, for example.
- You understand the market
- You have some savings
- You are prepared for home maintenance
- Your last two years of employment have been stable
- You plan to stay in the area
Overall, home ownership is still a great financial and emotional investment, but you want to make sure you have the basic characteristics of a successful homeowner!
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation wants to help you purchase your first home. Call Fairway today and we will be happy to talk to you about your future plans and buying your first home!